Tuesday, July 25, 2006

On your mark, get set, Obsess!



Well, well, well......So I've written a book and it was published. At times in my life I realize that although good things happen, the rest of our lives cannot fall at the wayside. I've been so engrossed in the book lately that I noticed the floor has gotten dirty, the clothes are backing up and I have a little less patience for my beautiful kiddies. What's happened? I'll tell you......obsession!

What to do, what to do, what to do? The most important thing in life is balance. What is balance? It's the place where we feel that everything is even. That all of the aspects of our lives are being taken care of. Or at least paid attention to. How do we know how much is enough to give. Well, we know. I call it the belly barometer. When my belly barometer sounds off, then I know something isn't right.

The hardest part of it all is to remember that we have good intentions. These are all good things. Take a step back and look at the big picture. Refocus, and move forward with what needs to be done. It isn't that difficult to reset the balance. It takes a little courage and a whole lot of honesty with yourself.

Revisit the places that have been forgotten for a while. Understand that you are human, and are allowed to get a little wacky every once in a while. But, above all, continue to know that you are yourself for a reason. You are loved for a reason. You are happy or unhappy for a reason. The most wonderful thing is that we have the ability to change many things in our lives. Although, it's the things we cannot change that kill us.

In my book I talk about focussing once a day on the things that we were successful at that day. To realize that no matter how small the achievement was that day, it was a success. For some of us, that can be a million dollar business deal, and for others it can be mopping the floor or reading to the kids.

Tonight, I want you to think about five things you did today, no matter how small, that you were proud of. Write them down and understand that we are all successful every day. If you do this every night for a week, you will begin to feel your power within. Because remember, we are all powerful, some of us just need to tap into it.

You will begin to see the small accomplishments however unimportant they may
seem to others. Remember, we are not measuring ourselves up to someone else. We are looking only at ourselves. Be careful not to compare yourself to anyone. It won’t work. Find what is important in your life. You will find that you will be happier with yourself. You will be brighter and see more light in your life.

Excerpt from "What A Difference A Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women"

No comments: