Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Who Do You Live For??????

Hey Everyone. I hope you are all well with this cold weather and change of the season. My little one Charlotte has a nasty cold and is MISERABLE.

This morning I asked someone what the first thing he thought of was when he woke up and he said, his cat. So that led me to today's blog.

How many of you find that everything you do is for someone important in your life?

How many of you find that there isn't anyone or anything that you care enough about in your life to forge forward when times get rough?

I know for myself that when I am going through some trial in my life, that my drive to get well or make it through the issue is directly related to my family. I know for a fact that if I didn't have my children or my husband, I would have made a lot of negative decisions in my life. They are my source of strength and help me to perservere through any "problems" I might face.

Unfortunately, there are so many of you out there that probably have nothing or noone to love. Is that a choice? I don't know. But what I've found through my personal experience is that it is so important for everyone to have something that they love more than themselves.

Don't get me wrong, loving yourself is imperative, but so many of us, and I think it is in our nature, are stronger for others. This in turn helps us to be stronger for ourselves.

Do you understand?

So, I thought of some ways that we can begin to look outside of ourselves for strength.

The first one is obvious.
Use your higher power. If you don't have one, get one!
The strength that one can receive from their higher power is endless. I
turn to my higher power for strength every day and I truly beleive that he has
carried me when I couldn't walk on my own.

The second is adopt someone.
What I mean is, how many people out there are alone and helpless.
What about that elderly neighbor across the street?
How about that single mother or father who can use a little support just to go grocery shopping?

The most popular one would be adopting a pet.
I've heard so many people talk about their pets and how important they are to them. Get a kitten.
Then everyday when you get home, that little one is waiting for you.
It needs you. It gives you unconditional love.

And isn't that what we all truly want, to feel needed and loved unconditionally.

For me that comes from two sources, my God and my children.

I've been blessed with the ability to see the miracles around me.
You can see them too if you just watch and listen.

My intention for you today is to learn to love something besides yourself.
Give of yourself to others and the blessings you will get back from the universe will be endless.

Remember to see those little miracles that are in front of your eyes.
Wipe away the toxic haze and you will see them. I promise.

And always remember, we are in this together.

Kerri

No comments: