Saturday, August 12, 2006

Should I feel this?



Hey Everyone. I haven't blogged in a couple of days. It's been rough, but I am moving forward with my life now having lost my brother and know that he is in a better place.

Have you ever noticed how sometimes when we are feeling pain that we have no control over, we will try anything to change the feeling. Isn't just feeling the emotion enough? Why do we deflect and try to be what everyone else wants us to be? Could this pose a problem? I say yes!

The problem is that while we are trying to be "strong" and continually stuffing these feelings, they are building up inside of us and as we all know, eventually they will come out. And when they come out, we may not recognize what it is. Feeling sadness, anger, fear, etc is extremely important. Giving ourselves the time to feel is giving ourselves a gift. It softens us and helps us to feel human. I also think it changes us just enough to make us stronger and enables us to be able to live our lives honestly and openly.

It is okay to cry! I'll say it again. It is okay to cry!! I think that tears from the soul slowly deplete us of the junk and garbage that is stuck. Picture a tire filled with air. As you slowly let the air out, it softly relieves the pressure that has built up so that we can work on the tire, patch it up and refill it with new clean air so that it is strong again and can hold up the vehicle that it supports. When there is a blow out, all hell breaks loose. Things are torn and shattered and that vehicle is damaged beyond repair. Now, think of this in terms of our bodies. When we slowly release the pressure of all of these emotions we are feeling, through tears or words, etc, we are given the opportunity to build ourselves up again with new, fresh, positive things that will make us stronger and enable us to carry ourselves (our vehicles) in a whole new light. We are better. When we have a blow out, what happens? We are thrown into a place that we may not be able to recover from. Now, I think there is always able to recover, but why do we place ourselves in that situation in the first place.

Listen to me and listen to your body. Follow the principles in my book, What a Difference A Day Makes, and learn how to relieve the pressure that has been building up for so long. Give yourselves the gift of feeling. Remember, you are not alone.

Today I want you to listen to your bodies. If you are experiencing emotional pain or are just plain jammed up, begin the process of relieving your pressure. Shed some tears. Feel good that you are being good to yourselves, and be proud of yourselves for being honest. I promise that you will begin to feel better.

No comments: