Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Resentment Has Power Over None!!!!!

Hey Everyone. I hope you are all well and living in your power. Yesterday I talked about Fear as an obstacle to achieving what it is you truly want in life.

Today I wanted to focus on another toxic emotion. Resentment! How many of you find yourself home, taking care of the house, the family, the dog, and forgetting about yourselves?

It's easy for mothers and fathers who stay home with the kids to fall into the "resentment pit!"

Prior to writing my book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women, I found myself in this same hole. I found myself thinking that everyone else is doing what they want to do in life except me. I would think that I was the only one stuck in a situation that I myself had created. That's when I stopped one day and asked myself, "How did I get here?" "How did I become this angry, resentful person?"

The revelation was quite disturbing. and realize that the revelation was not where I was, but how I viewed myself. I am a good mother, a good wife, sister, friend. So why was I constantly viewing myself as stuck or that my life was any worse off than anyone else's?

Back to reality! The day that I finally understood that I create my own destiny, that I am the only one that can change where I am, how I am feeling and how to move forward was a day that I was finally FREE!

That's right! It is freedom from the shackles of the mind when you can look at yourself in the mirror and say, "It's all up to you!" It gives us power. We become powerful once more. We regain that instinctive love for ourselves that we were born with and meant to carry throughout our lives.

So today I would like you all to shed that toxic thinking. Some of us still hold on to our childhoods, what we were told as children, and society's view of where we should be right now in our lives.

How many of you were told that you were stupid in school? I know a few so called "stupid" kids that are professionals running their own businesses successfully. You know who you are.

How many of you were told or heard in your households as kids that we just weren't the type of people to be rich? I personally know a few people that pulled themselves out of the confines of that stereotype who are wealthy beyond their wildest dreams.

Was it your mother who told you to find a rich guy to marry so you'd be set for life? That worked! LOL!

I need you all to understand that once you shed these toxic ideals and realize that You Choose Who You Will Become. If who you are right now, at this very moment makes you smile, then you're there already. Be proud of your life! Even if it isn't what everyone else thinks it should be.

Because, honestly, at the end of the day, all there is is yourself and God! Do you think he really cares if you're a doctor or a lawyer or own a mini mansion in the hills. I don't think so!

My intention for you today is to re-acquaint yourself with who you really are and why you are such an awesome person.

And always remember, we are in this together!

Kerri

No comments: