Thursday, October 19, 2006

Da, da, da, daaahhh!!!! It's Super Mom!!!!!

Hey Everyone. I hope you are all well. Life is amazing. Did you ever notice that you either have everything going on at once, or nothing at all?

How do we deal with these situations without going crazy?

I always say that I have to prioritize what it is I am doing at the moment.
I know for myself that my family is my priority. But, then when I start to pursue other things, businesses, outside of my mommy role, I begin to waiver from my initial priority. Then, the guilt comes in. No one makes me feel guilty, I just think it is ingrained in us as females and mothers to feel guilty from time to time.

So, I then look at the men in my life. How do they go to work every day, stay there for hours and not feel the guilt that I tend to make myself feel? The next question I always ask myself is, "How can I just assume that they aren't feeling guilty?"

Well, I've come to the conclusion that it all has to do with knowing what it is that I want in my life, and how to incorporate them all without ignoring any of the important people and things in my life.

Da, da, da, daaahhh.......enter Super Mom!!!!!!!

Becoming super mom is a really great ego trip but in the end, it isn't really conducive to good mental health. Because super mom eventually becomes leave me alone mom. Not good.

For all of you Super Moms out there who can identify, give yourself a good pat on the back and realize that know matter how super you think you are, you do need help.

So, how do we get help? Here are a few suggestions to get you started.

For those who are financially well equipped.....get a cleaning person. This will help you immensely. I don't mean Mrs. Garrett.....I mean someone to come into the house a couple of times a month to do all the hard work. Mop the floors, clean the bathroom, change the sheets, etc, etc.

Again, for those who have the money.......
Look into those new fangled cooking clubs.
I'll explain. You go to their store, they have all the food set up. You then go around the room and assemble meals for the week. You then bring them home, put them in the fridge and when it is time for dinner, you pop them in the oven. What could be better than that?

Lastly, for those who are running businesses and need to be on top of things, and you have small children, get a nanny!!!!!

I don't mean that you won't be with your kids, but get someone who will be with you during the day so that if you need to run to the business, make phone calls, etc, you have that person with you to take over. In the meantime, while you are home, the nanny can do other things like some of those cleaning duties you can't get to.

There are really great daycares out there that the kids love. I know that my little Charlotte would love to be in school all the time. She just gets bored at home with me. But, that's life.

I know that it is really difficult for all you ladies who want to raise your children and follow your dream of having a business. It just is hard because we are expected to do everything in the home, with the kids, the husband, and the business. All I can say is chalk it up to perseverance.

I once read a verse, poem, whatever you want to call it. It was from a very intelligent "man" and it makes a lot of sense if you want to have it all. Here it goes........

Press On

Nothing in the world can
Take the place of persistence.
Talent will not;
Nothing is more common
than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not;
unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education alone will not;
The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are
Omnipotent!

Take what you can and leave the rest!
And always remember, we are in this together.

Kerri

No comments: