Thursday, October 12, 2006

How many of you are using your Circle???

Hey Everyone. I hope you are all well. Today I want to talk about how many of you ladies have been using your circle of sisters. I use my sisters (women) everyday but sometimes it's a little hard to get through to them. We all have to remember that everyone has stuff going on in their lives. Sometimes it is good to reach out to your women even if they can't get back to you. Just remember to keep reaching out. You never know how that phone message on the machine will effect someone. Everyone needs a little TLC every once in a while, even though we pretend we don't.

Another issue I've noticed lately is that many women feel like they are single parents even though they're married. I find this frequently through speaking with women who stay home with their children. They feel like they are only with children constantly. Then when their husbands come home, they only talk about the children, eat dinner (if he makes it home) and then turn on the television and veg out. I've heard many times that the television really damages a marriage. The reason being that there is no communication. Even though you're sitting in the same room, you are not talking or even cuddling with each other.

When was the last time you actually laid down on the couch with your husband and just talked?

Do you find that you are resentful towards your spouse because you feel like you have to take care of everything in the house and then aren't praised for your efforts?

Remember that the spouse that is out working all day is feeling the same way. In most cases, they are not out with their friends, the bar or golfing. They are at work trying to make a difference in the family. Their intention is to move the family forward and give them all of the things that they probably didn't have when they were young. Then, when they come home they are confronted with a resentful spouse. It's hard to be supportive when you feel ignored, but it's important to try.

The problem with all of this is that once you finally have time together, you are both exhausted and really don't feel like talking. Or, even worse, you get used to living this way and really don't care anymore that they're always at work. You get used to being alone. This is where the single parent feeling comes in. It's easier for us as humans to just accept what is going on then to try to make a change. You are living separate lives in the same house.

How do we resolve this issue? I really don't have the answer. Can you believe that I don't have the answer? Well, remember we are all on the same path, trying to find our Power Within. It just becomes difficult when your Power includes someone else.

So, what do I do? I just try to have faith in my path and that what I am doing in this life is what I am meant to be doing. I know that my higher power only has good intentions for my life. What I do with it is up to me. I know that I am never truly alone. I always have my God with me. I use him to help me get through those days when I just feel lost. It's important to have a connection with something. Find one and use it.

On days when I am feeling totally alone, I remember the tools that I use from my book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women. It has helped me greatly and I hope that you all have gotten the book and have read it. I am hoping that you all are finding your strength within and realizing that you don't have to be alone.

There are so many of us out there feeling the same way. Reach out and find us. We need each other and that's the only way to understand that our lives are not that unique. We are the same. We love out families, our children, and our spouses. We just need to refocus our energies on keeping ourselves healthy. Because we all know that when mommy isn't happy, no one is.

My intention for you today is to reach out and find those women in your life that may need you as much as you may need them. Don't sit in your house and feel sorry for yourself. If you don't have anyone to reach out to, email me. I can be your connection until you find your own.

And always, remember, we are in this together.

Kerri

No comments: