Saturday, August 05, 2006

Are you feeling Grateful today?

Good Morning Everyone. I normally don't blog on Saturday because I am spending time with my family. But, I woke up this morning at 5:00AM and couldn't help but think about being grateful. Yesterday, an article was in my local newspaper about my book What A Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women. The name of the paper is The Newtown Bee. Now, it wasn't the New York Times or Oprah, but nonetheless, I was blown away. This reporter, Shannon Hicks, put so much heart and thought into this article. It was a whole page in the paper! It spoke about the book, my blogs, and even my seminars that I eventually would like to get together for women. (and men if they would like)

I am not so much tooting my horn about the article as I am feeling obligated to get this overwhelming feeling of gratitude out there in the universe. Sometimes, we don't recognize that when we are feeling so full of positive thoughts, that we should share them. Because isn't that how this universe works. I feel good, I share it with someone, then they feel good. They share it with someone, etc, etc, etc. You get the picture?

I couldn't help but think about something that happened the other day. Someone asked me the question; What are you truly grateful for today? Now, there are so many things for me to be grateful for I couldn't even list them all. But amongst all things that flooded my mind, the one thing that stood out was that I was grateful the most, at that very moment, for the opportunity of going into my daughter's room every morning, laying down next to her, and singing to her until she wakes up. That's what I was grateful for. My heart swells at this moment while I repeat the words. It's such a miracle to have this gift, actually three little gifts, in my life plus my husband. I'm just a kid from the Bronx that hung out on the street thinking of ways to make a little money. I never could have imagined in my wild dreams that my life would be what it is today.

You see, anyone can have a good life. Anyone, no matter what their circumstances, can stand up, shake off the dust, get rid of the garbage in their heads, move forward and be happy. I know some of you are gagging right now, but for those of you who understand what I am talking about, know!

Well, I think I've said enough for a Saturday morning. I hope you all have a safe and healthy weekend. Thanks for reading. I look forward to blogging again on Monday.

Happy Saturday!!!!!

No comments: