Friday, August 04, 2006

Moving Furniture Around?


Good Morning Everyone. Some of you may be viewing this blog from other countries or other parts of the US, but I have to say, here in Newtown CT it is HOT!!!!! The last couple of days have been brutal. Even my kids don't want to go outside in the pool. (my little blow up one in the backyard) It was too hot to even get in!

Well, anyway, I found myself sitting at this computer WAY TOO MUCH! So, I decided to go through the house and de-clutter. Getting rid of all the, excuse my slang, crap in the house gives me a feeling of freedom. It may sound silly, but I know that some, if not most, can identify with that.

Filling up those bags to donate or just trash really feels good. It's very similar to when we dump all of our bad thoughts and feelings out on someone who will listen (Circle of Sisterhood?), or dump it on a page in our journal (Journaling For Sanity?), or give it to our higher power (Meditating for Wisdom?). Remember, put it in a bubble and let it float away!

So, I decided that my kids were watching too much television. I proceeded to move the tv out of the living room into the little tiny room at the end of the house. And, guess what? Now, they're all sitting in that little room on the end of the house. Well, at least the living room will stay clean. I then decided that my two girls, Anna (6) and Charlotte(3), would probably sleep better in their room if they were in the same bed. So, I pushed their two little twin beds together. They loved it! All of a sudden, they thought the giant bed was a trampoline! So much for sleep.

The reason I am writing all of this is that sometimes we have to do what we can do to keep our sanity. Whether it be listening to music and dancing, or cleaning out the linen closet, or going through all of those photographs in those boxes. You get my drift? Either way we can take pride in our homes and know that we are doing something positive, however small it may seem.

Today is a light blog day. Take it easy on yourself. It's Friday and you made it through the week, hopefully with a new outlook on your daily life. For those of you who bought the book and are working through it applying the principles in you're lives, Right on! If you have any questions, or don't understand something, email me. I'll be happy to help you out. Remember, we are all in this together.

Have a great weekend. Talk to you all again on Monday!

No comments: