Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Don't fix it if it ain't broken!


Hey Everyone! Sorry my blog is late today. I tried doing something on my computer last night and screwed it up somehow. I finally got it going, which leads me to my topic today.

Did you ever notice that we are always trying to change things that are already working fine? Why do I have to make my computer wireless when I'm only sitting two feet away from the connection? Do we do these things because we are bored? Do we do these things because we just like to shake things up?

These may seem like difficult questions, but they are actually quite simple if we are able to look at ourselves honestly. Sometimes I find that I change things up just to bring a little chaos into my life. I thrive on drama. (Many of you can identify!)

The problem is that when we are caught up in the drama, we can't see it. We can't see that we are purposely bringing problems into our lives. This becomes toxic. (Look at old blogs to read about toxic people) It is absolutely clear to me and to others who have read my book, that when we are missing something, whatever that may be, we focus on other things.

If I am afraid to do something, whether it be succeed with the book, or achieve something that my old tapes tell me I shouldn't, I do things subconsciously to screw it up. I focus on things that, in the grand scheme of things, really don't matter. Inadvertently not focusing on what I should be. Psycho mumbo jumbo, etc.

Just know this! If you are doing things that are making you crazy, stop, sit, listen, look around you, and realize what it is, and STOP IT!!!!! Turn the TV off! Shut down the computer! Cancel some of those playdates! Don't go to TARGET! Read my book! (a little promotion)

Just be! I'll say it again. Just Be!!!!!!!

I want you to make these declarations while looking in the mirror! Say each three times!

Say this out loud, "I am what I am!" (your not popeye)
Say this out loud, "It is what it is!"
Say this out loud, "Everything will work out!"

Whenever you find yourself stirring up the pot, make the declarations again, knowing that they are true. Believe them! And, if you can't believe them now, keep saying them. One day you will wake up and say to yourself, "I am what I am," and you will know intuitively, that it is true and that you love yourself.

My wish for you all today is to be happy in your skin.
Remember, you are not alone!

No comments: