Thursday, August 17, 2006

Are you enjoying yourself?


Good Morning Everyone! I wanted to answer a question that many of you have been asking me. No, I am not up at 3:00AM writing my blog. My timestamp is on Pacific time. So, add three hours. I am not that devoted!!! (Ha! Ha!) Back to today's topic.

How many of you can honestly say that you enjoy your day? By this I mean, can you pick out one time a day that you would write down in your journal so you don't forget the feeling? How long has it been since you've thought to yourself, "I wouldn't trade my life with anyone!"
(Remember the grass is always greener blog?)

Well, I ask these questions because sometimes, we are so caught up in getting things done to make our lives better, we forget to enjoy the lives we have. Now this is one of the main points I try to get across in the book, but how many of you can identify with that? If you get what I'm saying say out loud, "I get it!"

One of the things I love to do most, and don't do often enough, is laugh. Now I don't mean a little giggle, I mean a deep, down in the belly, tears streaming, laugh. When was the last time you did that?

I have at least two friends that I can either call or get together with that can make me laugh like that. There are not many people who can, but you must know one. Some of you who are reading this can laugh like this all the time and to you I say, "Right on!!!!!" Some may say you are silly, but I say you've got the right idea. For those of you who find it difficult to pull this laugh out, I say start searching. Seek out those who you have lost touch with for one reason or another and become re-acquainted. For the women, these people can become part of your circle.

If you don't know someone who can do this, you must have seen a movie, or a comedian or something in your lifetime that brought this laught up.

Find it! I'll say it again. Find it!!!!!!

When I laugh this way, some calling it being hysterical (the good hysterical), I can actually feel something being released inside of me. And, when I am done, I can use a nap. Because it releases stress. It releases a build up of bottled up stress that is stuck deep down in you belly. (For lack of a better word, I told you I'm not a doctor)

You've all heard of Laugh Therapy, well let's call this Kerri Therapy. Find this laugh..... and What A Difference........it will make. Enjoying yourself is not difficult to do if you notice what is around you.

For those of you with children, just watch them. Watch them enjoy everything they engage in. (not the screaming parts) When you see them in the midst of a good time, shake off the age thing and join in. Become the old you for a few minutes. Be silly. Let go of what you been tainted with as an adult and dance. You will be amazed at the feeling. You will be enchanted again and find your inner child. (Uh oh, I used a psychological word!!!) You know what I mean. You'll have fun!!

Read the blogs from this week. Start using the daily tips in your life. Keep a journal. Call your sisters, or for the guys, men. You can find your power within. You can feel alive. Truly alive. Becoming willing to change, and you will notice the difference in your life.

My intention for you all today is to find that laugh! Find it and revel in it. You'll be glad you did.

And always remember, you are not alone!

No comments: