Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Visualize, visualize, visualize......................

Hey Everyone. I was sitting here this morning, very early, out on my back porch thinking about things. Today’s the first day of school for my two oldest. Oh, wait a minute, I’m having heart palpitations……….alright I’m okay. I’m just so excited. Anyway, I like to get up before the kids wake up and all hell breaks loose, and sit in peace and quiet. Just for a little while. I have to be very quiet because God forbid Mommy’s up without them. Okay, enough of that.

There’s something I try to do every morning. It may sound a little weird to some of you, but I’ll put it out there anyway. I sit in the back, close my eyes, and send my intentions out into the universe. Now, your universe can be whatever you want it to be. My universe is God, the spirits, etc. So, I close my eyes and visualize what it is I would like to happen. Be clear, I am not praying and hoping something will happen. I am expecting things to happen. Because I learned a while ago that if I put the expectation or intention out into the universe and I always do the right thing (Karma, Golden Rule, etc) the right thing will happen. For example, every morning when I close my eyes I visualize myself being introduced on the Oprah show as a new, up and coming author. Well, it could happen. She loves, mothers, teachers, women, etc. Hey, you never know.

I talk about intentions in my book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women. And what I say in the book is that you should stand up, and say specific things to get them into your mind. It sort of falls under the same principal. If you put it out there in the universe, it comes back at you.

Today, I want you to put out an intention. Close your eyes and think of what it is you want or better yet, what you need. Visualize what it will look like when this something happens. Picture it in your mind and feel the feelings. Really get into it. You will actually find yourself smiling. And, the most important thing, feeling great.

Have a great day and woo hoo to all you moms whose kids are going to school today. Now the real work to find your Power Within can really begin.

And always remember, we are in this together!

No comments: