Monday, August 28, 2006

Just relax!!!!!!!Come find your Power Within!

Hey Everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Here in CT it was raining the whole weekend. What a way to start the school year.

I know for a lot of you out there, school is starting tomorrow. Whenever I think of school starting, I think of that STAPLES commercial with the guy pushing the shopping cart and the track in the background is playing, “It’s the most wonderful time, of the year.” I find that commercial the most fitting to how I feel when school starts. I think I am the only mother dancing in the street when the school bus pulls away. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kids more that anything but……come on……two whole months of mommy, mommmy, mommmmmmy……enough is enough!!!!!

Today I want to talk about relaxing. Remember the blog I wrote about releasing pressure or stress from your body. I compared it to a tire. You have to let it out slowly.

How do you de-stress? Do you wait until your tires about to explode? Or do you, every so often, take a little break from reality for a few moments? Maybe go out for a walk, (only if you actually like to walk), watch a movie ALONE, read a book, etc. Yesterday I made a really good dinner for the family. After we ate, I was hit with a wave of exhaustion. I said out loud, “I am lying down on the couch!” And do I did. I didn’t feel guilty that my husband had to clear the table, or bathe the kids. I slept for an hour. The kids were yelling, my husband was working in the kitchen, but I slept. What a wonderful de-stressor that was. When I woke up, I was that much more grateful for my family. I was happy to be alive and feeling calm.

What do you think would have happened if I didn’t nap? I probably would have been nasty to everyone because I was tired.

Now I know that you all don’t have the luxury of a husband to let you sleep, but I am trying to make the point that any little thing helps. Take the time for yourself and just relax.

My intention for you all today is to spend a little time de-stressing. Whatever it takes for you to feel recharged, just a little. Because after all, if mommy’s not happy, no one is.

Visit my website. I have a free gift for anyone who purchases my book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women, through the website. I think you’ll like it.

And always remember, we’re in this together!

kerri

No comments: