Thursday, October 26, 2006

Who Do You Connect With?????

Hey Everyone. I hope you all are doing well.

When I woke up in the morning, I am usually up earlier than the children. So, I start to do my thing and every morning without fail, my little son comes over and gives me a hug. Every time he comes off the school bus, he comes over and gives me a hug. It may sound small to all of you but to me, it just re-affirms why my first priority are my children and my family.

How many of you can honestly say that you make a connection with someone else everyday?

Do have physical contact with someone every day?

The importance of connecting with someone every day is under rated. When I was a child, I remember getting up, getting ready for school and off I went. Sometimes, I didn't even speak to anyone.

Would having connected with someone every morning have made a difference in my life and the choices I made. I think so!

When my little son comes to me in the morning and connects with me, he gets what he needs for the day. I also get my wake up call that reminds me that I have a huge responsibility. My responsibility is to raise my children. My job is to get them ready to be happy, well adjusted adults who can go out into the world and live healthy and happy lives.

That one little hug gives me and my son the opportunity to quietly say to each other, "I am here. I will always be here. I love you."

I think that these little connections we make with others make the difference between feeling alone in this world, which can happen very easily if we're not careful, or feeling that no matter what, we are loved.

Yesterday I discussed the importance of a higher power in your life. I talked about that so intently because many of us aren't fortuate enough to have someone there to hug in the morning. So what do we do?

In my book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women, I discuss the important of Establishing a Sisterline. For you women out there, this is key to getting through your day and not feeling like you are alone and wasting your time. Your "sisters" will always keep you on your path. They will listen and guide you through your trials that only another woman can identify with. We need each other.

My intention for you today is to connect with someone. Establish that Sisterline that you need to feel like someone in the world understands and loves you.


Keep you eyes open for my new venture. I am currently creating eWorkbooks. These workbooks are being written to accompany my book.
They are going to focus on the each principle so that once you read the book, you can then go back and work on each principle and make it part of your daily life.

I look forward to sharing these eWorkbooks with you. They will be available on my website.

And always remember, we are in this together.

Kerri

No comments: