Friday, July 28, 2006

Standing by your convictions?



Good Morning Everyone. Sometimes I find that I second guess my decisions related to the children, my life path, my hair color, etc. As a mother, it easy to wonder, "Am I doing this right?" When we are engulfed with internet, television, radio and press telling us the way we should be raising them, it's hard not to want to be like everyone else. I found that when I first moved from the Bronx, NY to Connecticut, that this was happening. All of a sudden I was around all of these women who had opinions about everything. Although I was happy to have women to talk to about the kids, I found myself changing the way I did things knowing what the right way was.

What I am saying is that no matter what I do to be socially and politically correct, I always go back to the way I know is right. It's wasted energy on my part. The conclusion I've come to after many different paths is that I must stand by my convictions. Mothers know innately what they need to do to raise their families, but we get clouded by all of the others that know better.

Take this book. I know that their will be women out there who love it, and those that may hate it. But, if I stand by my convictions and the principles I use in this book, I will continue to feel powerful as a woman. And guess who will learn that they must do what they know is right? My children. That's right! They learn by example. We think they don't know what's going on, but they absolutely know. And they follow. I can hear it in the way that they interract with each other. I can hear my words coming out of their mouths. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I shudder. But, guess what, I am not perfect and neither are they.

Today, I want you to think about something that you've been on the fence about. What decision or change have you been wanting to make, that you haven't made because it may not be "right." Follow your heart and know that you have the power within to do what you know is right. Remember, we all make mistakes. So if your decision isn't the right one, well, that's the great thing about life. We have the control to change certain things. So, go on, do it!

No comments: