Friday, July 14, 2006

Today is a New Day!!!!


Good morning everyone. It is 7:00AM, my children are still sleeping and I am reveling in the silence. In my book "What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide For Women" I talk about Meditating for Wisdom. People find it extremely difficult to meditate. One of the top reasons for this is that they cannot find the "quiet" time. As I explain in the book, meditation does not have to be in a beautiful setting, with birds singing and breezes blowing, yada, yada, yada. You have to take any opportunity you have to sit back, clear your mind and just listen. Visualize what you want in life and be grateful for what you already have. It is a wonderful, uplifting feeling and it can change your day in an instant. Try it, you'll feel the change.

It was brought to my attention yesterday that although my book is geared toward women, that there are many men who could also benefit from the book since they are also often isolated and alone, raising families, etc. I don't want to ignore those men in this universe who feel the way I and many women do. My book can benefit anyone who would like to change their lives from negativity and sometimes despair, to living in the path of love and light. Take the path and you will clearly find your way and begin to love yourself as we all should.


For those of you who are so jammed up that even laying still for a moment makes you nervous, you need this more that anyone. The time factor is another reason why many people cannot meditate. I look at meditation as just a time to sit still and clear up. When I think of a free thinking moment, or non-thinking moment, I think of driving. A good percent of the
time we are sitting at traffic lights, waiting for school buses, sitting in children’s bedrooms with an aversion to sleep, taking showers or baths (if we’re lucky) etc. The list goes on. There are many different things we can do to “meditate.” Just taking the time out to relax. By relax, I
mean sit still! I know that sitting still for me used to immediately prompt my body to go into sleep mode. If I sat for more than 5 minutes throughout my hectic day, I felt like sleeping. But as with any habit, once your body becomes accustomed to relaxing at one or more points during the day, you will be able to do so and come out feeling rested and ready to continue your daily tasks. Now I know you’re all thinking, “She’s crazy. When am I gonna do that?” Just remember that I’ve been where you are and I know how you feel. All I know is that when I’m calmer, everybody else around me seems calmer.

Excerpt from "What A Difference A Day
Makes: A Survival Guide For Women"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kerri

I want to wish you mich luck with your new book. It will be an inspiration to those who read it. Keep giving back, your doing a great job. Love Linda