Monday, July 17, 2006

Wake up and Smell the Possibilities!

Everyday I wake up with a lot of different emotions. I roll out of bed, the kids are usually still sleeping (which is a good thing) and I sit for a few moments and think. (meditate)
This morning was no different. I was bombarded with the "need to do's" and "I have to's" and "I can't believe's". All these little phrases that pop in my head lead me to a negative space. I start my day thinking of all the things I haven't achieved yet.

This is where my book comes in. What can I do to start over in an instant. Meditation is one, but sometimes that just takes the edge off. Another tool I use is a very simple one. Everyone has the power within themselves but they don't tap into it. I just visualize myself putting all of those "problems" in a bubble and letting them float away. Then, I visualize myself doing all the things that seem unattainable at this point in my life. It's very similar to the slogan "fake it till you make it". Many of us know where that came from. It works. Try it.

I want to focus this morning on something that I have been feeling lately. I have been on a roller coaster ride in life for a long time now. At first, I struggled with these events. I always think of Forrest Gump when he said, "Life is like a box of chocotales, you never know what you're gonna get." Trying to control things is very toxic. So many things in life are beyond our control, yet we still try to control everything. We are like dogs chasing our tails ending with the same results. When I finally realized that most events in life are beyond my control, I tap into my power. I focus on the things that I can control like, my state of mind. Viewing life through rose colored glasses is fine as long as we take care of the things that need to be done.
Today I feel rosy!

My system is for anyone who wants to live a balanced and peaceful
life. You will learn how to live every day to the fullest through letting
go of everyday issues that cloud your life. You will be pleasantly
surprised to know that this system is so easy, it is almost laughable. As
you go through the process, you’ll wonder why you never thought of it
yourself. But, that is just it! We don’t think of these things on
our own. We need each other!!!!
L et me begin by saying that life does not have to be a struggle. As human beings, it is our nature to constantly second guess ourselves. Letting go of sadness, pain, self doubt, low self esteem and learning how to laugh at ourselves and have fun is the key to a positive and empowering life. Feelings of anger from childhood, resentment towards our parents, fear of intimacy and the “not good enough” syndrome lead us to misunderstand our current state of emotion.

Excerpt from "What A Difference A Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kerri,
i know the rollercoaster ride your on and i can definetly feel your pain. Sometimes we think if were thare for a certain person that we will be able to help them to "see the light." This isnt always the case. So we let go.Thats the hard part,letting go.Thats where the pain comes into play. Prayer,meditation and service to others can help us to proceed forward but only if we allow it to. We feel better quickly or slowly.Its up to us.Its not the wound that hurts its the healing and healing takes time. They say that time heals all wounds. This is true but only if we take the steps that will ensure that healing. If we live in the process of not letting go, than we are living in the problem not the solution. So one day at a time, one step at a time we will be free.