Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Tell that little devil to get lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everyone. I am sitting here thinking about priorities. Now I know I wrote about this a couple of weeks ago. But what I noticed was that the issue keeps coming up.

I have been feverishly working on promoting my book. It's a lot of work but I love it. What I did notice was that when things become difficult and all the RAH RAH for Kerri dies down. My little devil (chapter in book) starts talking to me.

It's starts saying;

"You're wasting your time."
"No one want to read your book."
"Just go back to your old ways and stop trying to be successful."

Normally in the past, I would have said, "You know, you're right." I mean really, why would a poor kids from the Bronx think that she could be successful at something like this? Why should I be different from anyone else? Why try so hard? Life ultimately sucks anyway, Right?

Wrong!!!! But since, I've written the book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women I see know where these thoughts are coming from. I say to my little devil, "you are wrong and I am not quitting!!!!" No matter how much my old tapes play and my little devil talks to me I will persevere and continue on the path to empowerment. I am empowered. I am empowered every time I tell that voice to go away. Every time I replace that thought with the words, "I am unstoppable!!!!!!!"

Because you know what folks, I am. And so are you. We all are. We just have to make that decision.

How are you feeling today?
Is your little devil talking to you?
Are you trying to achieve something, but keep hitting that wall of doubt?
How can you change that?
What can you do to know that you are unstoppable?

Let me know what you think. Send me your questions and comments. Let's start a dialogue!

My intention for you today is to know that no matter what is going on in your mind, and how many self defeating comments come in, you can forge through and refocus.

And as always, we are in this together.

No comments: