Tuesday, October 03, 2006

You got to Accentuate the positive..............

Hey Everyone. Do you ever feel like you're stuck in a rut? It's so easy to get into a negative space that sometimes becomes difficult to pull yourself out of.

How do we pull ourselves out of these negative spaces and put on our positive glasses?
It may sound silly but that's just what I do. I take off those negative glasses and put on the positive ones. Action speaks louder than words. When we physically take action to change how we are feeling, our minds follow.

There are some issues that pop up in life that are more important than others. You've heard of the broken shoelace theory. Here's the scenario. You make it through some huge, detrimental experience with flying colors and then your shoelace breaks and you freak. Unfortunately by that point you're already out there where it is difficult to get back.

So how do you stop yourself from getting to that point. For me, I have to stop myself. Think about what the issue actually is that is causing me the stress and take a long, deep breath. Because, in the end, how important will this issue be. The way I feel is that as long as at the end of the day, I am with my family, everything will be fine. I have no idea what the plan for me in the future is. None of us know what the future will bring for us. All we can do is live every day to the fullest and try to enjoy it. Don't cloud your head with all the "might happens." Live in the here and now while continuing to be smart about the way you live your life.

I'm not saying go out and quit your job and move to a log cabin in the woods, although right now that sounds like a great idea, I am saying that you just have to see everything through those positive eyes. And when all hell breaks loose around you, stop, breath and realize that in the end everything will be find.

My intention for you today is to live in a positive space. Living in the negative is just a waste of time and it won't bring anything but frustration.

And always remember, we are in this together.

No comments: