Friday, August 18, 2006

Why can't I control this?



Hey Everyone. I'm very late writing my blog today. I had to do, what I had to do! Clean! Yuck........Anyway, my house is sparkly clean and now I am doing my most favorite thing, blogging. How many of you get super jammed up when things happen in your life that you have absolutely no control over? Do you find your mind racing in a thousand different directions conjuring up every possible negative scenario? Are you human?

If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions, then you are right where you're supposed to be. As humans, it is normal for us to slip into the negative SOMETIMES! If you find that you are slipping into this place a lot, then you need to look at what it is that you are not seeing. What is it about yourself that needs to CONTROL EVERYTHING? That's right people, I said it. You might be a control freak. I'm sorry to say it ladies, but a lot of us are.

I would have to say that it most definately comes from childhood. When we were children, many of us felt like we had no control over anything. We began to do things that we could control. Sometimes, it was abuse of a substance, shopping, eating, or not eating, and any other negative thing you can think of.

On the other hand, some of us out there actually went the positive route. We decided to take charge of things and join a sport or get a hobby, some played music, etc. The course we decided, whether we knew it or not, to take tells us a lot about our personalities and would probably describe why we are the way we are today. Just look at how you deal with situations. When something happens that you cannot control, do you freak out and take the negative route, or do you look at it in a positive light, knowing that everything will, in the end, be okay? Are you a glass half full or half empty person?

I know, I know, you've heard this all before, but have you changed? Because that's the really important thing. It's not just knowing what the issue is, it's changing it. Of course, knowledge is a huge part of changing, but what I think, and this is my personal opinion, changing is the real important part. Because I know plenty of people who know what their problem is, but are too full of fear, or too ignorant, or both, to make the change. Remember what I've said in past blogs and in my book, everything is a choice. Noone can make the choice for you, and noone can stop you from making the change.

Are you ready for change today? If so, purchase What A Difference A Day Makes and find your Power Within. Go to my website and sign up for my newsletter.

And remember, you are not alone.

No comments: