Monday, August 21, 2006

How are you seeing things?

Hey Everyone! It's been a couple of days since I blogged last. I have a question for you all. Are you using these daily tips in your life? Are you beginning to see the obstacles in your lives that have been preventing you from being happy?

Every day brings a new issue. We can be the most spiritual, well rounded people on the planet, but life still happens. The world still turns, and we have the choice on a daily basis to pay attention to our worlds or to ignore them.

Some say ignorance is bliss. I say that sometimes, and I mean SOMETIMES, it is good to turn off the world and just be. But, if we turn off the world consistently, we begin to live in a false reality. It's a wonderful thing to be able to live without letting the outside world affect us. But, at what cost? We begin to live in a bubble. And, as we all know, bubbles burst. When that happens, all of the things we have been shielding ourselves from come crashing in. (Remember the tire scenario in a past blog?)

Through my system for living, in What A Difference A Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women, we can live every day, knowing how to deal with each situation that is presented. You are given the tools to work through issues whether they are big or small. All of the blogs I have been writing are reflected in the book and are imperative to living in your power.

So, how are you viewing the issues that are presenting themselves? Are you looking at every situation with the victim mentality? Or, are you seeing these situations as an opportunity for change?

I'll tell you my situation today. I woke up this morning with ear pain and everything I hear through my right ear is amplified and echoed. I spent the weekend filming and editing a movie with my 7 year old son. My first thought was, "why is this happening to me." Immediately, and I mean immediately, my little devil started talking to me. That victim that I used to be jumped up and started talking to me. It was screaming! If I continued listening to that voice, my day would have been filled with aggravation towards my children, because my tolerance was nil. I would not do anything productive or necessary to get through the day and today I wouldn't be living in my power. I would have fallen victim to circumstance.

Because of my book and my system for living, when that thought came to mind, "why is this happening to me", I immediately thought to myself, "thank god it isn't a ringing in my ear. That would be much worse." So, because of the tools I use to process my thoughts and emotions on a different level, and because I live by the tools I've laid out in the book and am consistently working on myself to live in my power, my day will be filled with living in the here and now. Being grateful for what is and not what might be.

Consequently, I called the doctor, made an appointment, and will find out my fate which will probably be some antibiotics and eardrops.

My point today is, that every day we make the choice of how we are going to live. Are we going to live in the reality of what is what? What is real? Knowing, what we can do to change our thoughts and circumstances.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that the thoughts and old tapes don't run. My mental process runs on the downhill slope. If I let myself slide down with it, that is the result I will have in my life. What I am saying is that by living by the tools I have acquired and laid out in the book, I am able to change the thought pattern immediately. Sometimes it takes a little more work, but it is all up to me.

Do you want to live in your power today, or do you want to fall victim to your old thinking? That same thinking that has got you where you are today? As Dr. Phil would say, "How's that workin' for ya?" Remember, the problem isn't you, it's your thinking!

Buy the book and begin to live today. If you can't afford the book, email me and we can talk. My intention is to help others find and begin to walk the path I've found.

Oh, and don't forget to tune in online to Artist First Radio Network Tuesday night at 8:00PM. I am being interviewed about the book. There you will hear what I think, how I sound (remember I have a Bronx accent), and how my life has been blessed by experience. You'll be glad you did.

My intention for you all today is to live in the real world. A world which is not filled with fear, pain and suffering, but a world that is filled with opportunity, love and beauty. I want you to live in the latter and find you power within!

And always remember, you are NOT alone!

1 comment:

Lienumberone said...

Hi, Kerri, thks for visiting my blog http://kaktose.wordpress.com I really only "re-blogged" someone else's post, and glad you found it useful.

Blogger has a new beta now, which would also give you categories, similar to Wordpress. You would be invited by them directly. Look out of the "beta" word, when you log in.

Also, check out "http://soundclick.com" where you could actually post "sound clips", and then link those soundclips to your blog. Register as a "band" under say, "hiphp" category, and submit your "daily get well" stuff :D

As they say, promotion is everything :)