Wednesday, August 23, 2006

How Passionate Are You Really?

Good Morning Everyone. Last night I had my very first radio interview. It was an online radio station called ArtistFirst Network. It was awesome. After it was over, I couldn't sleep. I was wondering why I was so pumped up. Was it because I was excited about getting the word out about the book? Was it because I am just a ham?

The latter could possibly be true, but the reason I think I was so excited was because I was given the opportunity to talk about the book. Prior to the book being published, I would talk a little about it. Since it was published, and I have been actively promoting it, I find that I feel fuller. I have finally figured out what it is. I am living in my passion. How many of you can truly and honestly say that what you are doing in your life is your passion. For you mothers out there, I know that your children are your passion, but what I am talking about here is slightly different.

Like I said on the show last night, my first and foremost priority is my children. I love them and welcome the opportunity to be with them. Yet, there was still a little something missing. There seemed to be a little part of me, that was empty. I started to wonder why I kept getting involved in silly things. Why was I an Ebay addict? Why did I decide that I was going to paint the house, landscape the backyard, open a consignment shop, etc. All of these ideas were actually wonderful, if that was what I was passionate about. But guess what folks, I wasn't.

So, all of these things that I was doing were not only silly, but they were taking away from my family. (Go back and read "on your mark, get set, obsess" blog.) I couldn't find balance because these things were not what I loved to do. They became chores that I had to finish. Yet, I never did. Which ultimately made me feel worse.

Now that I have written this book, I have finally found that piece of me that has been missing. The DJ last night asked me if I always liked to write. I exclaimed, "Yes!" I actually surprised myself. All of my teenage nights writing down my feelings came flooding back. I was hit like a lightening bolt. Of course I love to write. Why didn't I think of that sooner.

Well, life got in the way. All of my responsibilities, real or imagined, took away my focus on me. And isn't that what is truly the most important thing in my life? Me? Because, as I said last night, if I don't like me, nobody else will. If I am not complete, how can I help anyone else.

Do you know what your passion is? For those of you who have read the book, and are following the principles, take out your journals and begin to write about what positive things you loved to do before you became such responsible adults. What made you tingle? What made you feel invinsible? What were you really good at? Start to search for your passion. Try to remember the feeling. Would you like to feel that way again?

My intention for you today is to find your passion, whatever it may be. Take some time for yourself and remember how you used to feel when you were living in your passion.

And always remember, you are not alone.

No comments: