Thursday, November 02, 2006

When was the Last Time You Asked God to Bless You?

Hey Everyone. Well I think everyone has recuperated from Halloween. The kids have already forgotten about the candy. Me hiding it helps. Anyway, we're moving into the holiday season and I will put up all the Thanksgiving decorations today. Some people ask me why I decorate so early for the holidays, especially my husband, and I always answer, "because it makes me feel good!"

Do you guys do things that make you feel good?
I find that it's the little things that I do that really matter in my life. Some of us are always in such a rush, that we've forgotten how the simple little things like sitting on the couch with one of the kids and just doing nothing is wonderful.
If you have a little pip squeek like I do, everytime you sit on the couch, she comes running over and yelling, "tickle me!" It's annoying now, but I know in 1 or 2 years, she won't be doing that anymore and I'll miss it. So, I just tickle her.

Today I wanted to talk about blessings. Don't worry, I'm not gonna get all religious on you, I just was wondering how many of you talk to your higher power. Sometimes we forget to do that. Some people call it praying, some call it meditation (which is actually listening to your higher power), and some just have a conversation with their HP. I am in the latter group. At night when I lay myself down to sleep, I think of all my successes for the day. What I did that day that was good and right. Then I talk to my HP and usually thank him for my blessings.

I received a book for my birthday from my Uncle Jim and Aunt Linda related to asking for blessings. The whole gist of the book is that God has blessings he would like to give us, but we never ask for them. The prayer is actually quite simple and it is something like, "God please bless me alot." That's it!

I never thought of asking God to bless me. I'm always asking God to bless everyone else in my life. People I know and people I don't know. But, what a great idea. Because when I am asking God to bless me, I am asking him to give me his blessings that he has in store for me, not what I actually want. That is my take so far on the book. I'll let you know more when I finish the book. It reminds me of the movie "The Secret." If you haven't seen that yet, you have to see it. It's awesome.

Anyway, today is a rainy day in Connecticut and I plan on doing laundry, cleaning up, working on my eWorkbooks, and enjoying my day stuck inside. Sometimes it's nice to be stuck inside.

Remember to watch out for my eWorkbooks. I am working on them feverishly and plan to have them for sale in the next couple of weeks on my website. They are books to help you work on the principles laid out in my book, What a Difference a Day Makes: A Survival Guide for Women. Finding your Power Within has never been simpler.

My intention for you today is to connect with your Higher Power and ask him for his blessings. Ask him to bless you a lot. But keep your eyes open because it will probably happen quickly. Miracles happen every day but we usually miss them. Let me know what happens and I'll do the same.

And always remember, we are in this together.

No comments: